The older we get, the more fragile our body becomes. That is why for seniors who are living alone, getting Home care assistance in Houston, Texas is essential for them. Because of the decline of seniors’ strength, they tend to be more prone to slip and fall accidents. But what are the common causes of falls among the elderly? Listed below are the possible reasons.
- They have mild cognitive impairment or certain types of dementia and age-related loss of muscle mass.
- Some medications with side effects such as dizziness or confusion, the more medicines you take, the more likely you fall.
- Foot problems that cause pain, and wearing unsafe footwear, such as backless holes or high heels, can also increase your risk of falling.
- They have certain conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, or problems with their thyroid, nerves, feet, or blood vessels that can affect their balance and lead to a fall.
- Safety hazards in the home or community environment can also cause falls, so make sure to avail of Senior home care services in Seabrook, Texas for your senior loved ones. So you can ensure they can have someone to support them anytime they need it.
If you are searching for a reliable provider of Senior care services in Houston, Texas, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Heartful Senior Care LLC. We have compassionate and highly skilled caregivers who are always ready to help your senior loved ones.